The fashionable, and useful, MayeCreate (& Tranquility, on the back there) cup!
15 “Never Before Heard” Facts About/Concerning/Encompassing the Color GREEN:
- The color green can evoke the following emotions and feelings: balance, life, growth, healing, restoration, and new beginnings.
- Green occupies more space in the spectrum visible to the human eye and is second only to blue as a favorite color.
- Green is the pervasive color in the natural world that is an ideal backdrop in interior design because we are so used to seeing it everywhere.
- As the emblematic color of Ireland, green represents the vast green hillside as well as Ireland’s patron saint, St. Patrick.
- In auto racing, a green flag signals the start or resumption of a race.
- Green is the color used for night vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive and able to discern the most shades in that color.
- The hexadecimal color for romaine lettuce is #3B5323.
- Brands who utilize green in their advertising: BP, Starbucks, Heineken, John Deer, Android, Girl Scouts, The Masters Golf Tournament.
- Lime was the original scent of the bright green colored Magic Scents Crayons from Binney & Smith Inc. introduced in 1994 with mostly food scents. There were numerous reports that children were eating the food-scented crayons, so the food scents were retired and replaced with non-food scents. The scent for the color bright green became “eucalyptus”.
- Lime is a fragrance that is refreshing, uplifting and purifying. It is an aroma that can be cooling on the hot days of summer.
- The fleshy green spears of asparagus are both succulent and tender and have been considered a delicacy since ancient times.
- “Evergreen” by Barbra Streisand
- The message you send by driving a vehicle that is Dark Green: Traditional, trustworthy, well-balanced.
- There is a superstition that sewing with green thread on the eve of a fashion show brings bad luck to the design house.
- In China, jade stones represent virtue and beauty.
(Please take some of these facts with grain of salt as
several most of them were found on the Internet.)