15 “Never Before Heard” Facts About / Concerning / Encompassing the Color ORANGE:
October is ORANGE….just like this adorable pumpkin.
- Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue. There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger “love it” or “hate it” response than other colors.
- In the United States Army, orange is the color of the United States Army Signal Corps.
- “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” –Vincent Van Gogh
- Orange is considered a warm color in landscape design. Its appearance can have an exciting effect in the garden.
- Aromatherapy benefits of orange peels are: cheering, refreshing, uplifting, cleansing.
- Celebrity chef Mario Batali’s signature color is orange and he uses this energizing hue in everything from his footwear to his cookware.
- Some companies who utilize ORANGE in their branding: Fanta, Nickelodeon, Hooters, Payless, and Harley-Davidson.
- “Orange Crush” is a popular song by the band R.E.M.
- The message you send by driving an orange vehicle: Fun-loving, talkative, fickle, and trendy
- In the traditional color wheel, orange is a secondary color: it is created by combing the two primary colors red and yellow.
- The hexadecimal code for Macaroni and Cheese Orange is: #FFDB88.
- Orange was included in the first box of Crayola Crayons, introduced in 1903, along with black, brown, violet, blue, green, red and yellow.
- The orange is the fruit of the citrus species Citrus × sinensis in the family Rutaceae.
- It is said the color orange can increase the craving for food.
- The color orange was named after the fruit. Before then, the English-speaking world referred to the orange color as ‘geoluhread,’ which literally translates to “yellow-red!” The word orange itself was derived from the Spanish word ‘naranja,’ which likewise came from the Sanskrit word ‘naranga,’ meaning “orange tree.”
(Please take some of these facts with grain of salt as several most of them were found on the Internet.)