15 “Never Before Heard” Facts About / Concerning / Encompassing the Color BLUE:
BLUEberry ice cream!
- With flavors that range from mildly sweet to tart and tangy, blueberries are bursting with nutrition and flavor while being very low in calories.
- Blue is the favored color choice for toothbrushes.
- Businesses incorporating the color blue: Lowes, OREO (Yum.), facebook and twitter, Oral-B, IBM and Volkswagen.
- Blue’s associated moods: trust, strength, calm, thought-provoking, introspective and peaceful.
- In India, paintings of the god Krishna often depict him as having blue skin.
- In Greece, the color blue is believed to ward off “the evil eye.” Those who believe in this Greek superstition often wear a blue charm necklace or a blue bracelet for protection.
- In the United States post office mailboxes are typically blue.
- In auto racing, a blue flag advises a car to yield to faster traffic behind.
- An old superstition says that when lights burn blue there are ghosts about.
- “If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.” –Paul Gauguin, French Post-Impressionist Painter, 1848-1903
- Blue, blue-green, and green are sacred colors in Iran where they symbolize paradise.
- Blue plate special: a special priced meal at a restaurant
- The hexadecimal code for
- The message you send by driving a vehicle that is Dark Blue: credible, confident and dependable. If, however, your vehicle is a Light or Mid Blue you give a different impression: cool calm, faithful, quiet.
- Zappos.com, the awesome online shoe store who utilizes blue in their advertising, originated in Nevada.
(Please take some of these facts with grain of salt as several most of them were found on the Internet.)