Trying to transfer a domain to another registrar? Fear not.
In order to transfer a domain to another registrar, you’ll need the following:
- You’ll need access to your registrar account. This is a must because if you don’t you won’t be able to access the “authorization codes” needed to transfer the domain.
- Change the administrator email account to the person handling the transfer. This way he/she will get the necessary information and won’t have to bug you 🙂
- Unlock the domain so that you can initiate the transfer.
- Purchase the transfer credit via the new registrar.
- Gather the authorization codes sent by new registrar.
- Gather the losing registrar’s transfer authorization code.
- Losing registrar must accept the transfer or the transfer will be finalized in 3-7 business days.