Is your image interview ready? The Columbia Chamber of Commerce Small Business Committee asked me to give a talk on how to assess a businesses marketing look. They asked:
- Is it time to check your image?
- How does the public see your company?
- Is your marketing look really you?
To answer to those lovely questions I tried to think of a clever way to approach such a vague topic. It’s all about opinion right? Seems everyone knows what’s appropriate to wear to an interview for a job in their industry so why can’t they tell what’s appropriate for their business to wear to a job interview? Here’s my breakdown on the topic. Enjoy.
Powerpoint Slides Download
Abbreviated Handout Download
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK
Know the story you want to tell BEFORE you begin.
- IRON OR DRY CLEAN YOUR SUIT AND SHIRTS
At first glance make yourself presentable.
- DON’T GO OVERBOARD ON ACCESSORIES, KEEP IT SIMPLE
Less is more, be decisive, don’t confuse your audience.
- FOREGO THE COLOGNE OR PERFUME
Don’t over design.
- MAKE SURE YOU MATCH
Set the ground rules and follow them.
- GENTLEMEN, WEAR A CONSERVATIVE TIE
Fashion trends change, so will your image.